Our sweet little town will take on the true colors of Summer this weekend. Break out the red, white, and blue baby, it’s July 4th!! As with Memorial Day weekend, I am keeping this one simple so you can reference it from your mobile device while trying to remember what was happening where at what time. So, let’s talk weather and get on with it, sound good?
This is an easy one. It’s going to be hot, mid 90’s everyday and mid 70’s for the lows. No rain in the forecast as of this posting, but that could always change. Keep your eyes peeled. Just remember this forecast for the weekend after, too. It’s identical.
Let the July 4th Fun Begin!
Just so there is no confusion, shooting July 4th fireworks in Carlton Landing city limits is legal. Have fun, but of course, be careful. Be mindful of those around you and don’t be upset when a neighbor asks you to not shoot them over their house. But, most of all, be aware of the 11:00pm to 9am quiet hours so we can get our beauty sleep.
Friday June 29th
- See the Town of Carlton Landing from a HOT AIR BALLOON! Scoot on up to Firefly Park at 7pm to get in line. Weather permitting, rides will go until 9pm. If the weather does not co-operate, the activity will be rescheduled for Saturday or Sunday. This dated picture was from July of 2015. It’s amazing to see then and now.
- Movie on the Green at 8:30pm and the pick of the week is Inside Out. Bring your blankets, chairs, and bug spray to hang out by the beach for some good movie watching.
Saturday June 30th aka The Big Day!
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. Gingham Home will be open from 9am to Noon on Saturday and also Sunday from 1pm to 3pm during the home tour.
- Story Time and Craft time for kids will be a little different this week. Instead of a book and a craft at the school, kids will decorate their bikes, scooters, or other transport for the Sunday parade! Meet at Pavilion Park at 9am to decorate. Bring $10 to donate for supplies or sign up here.
- Support a great cause by donating to Dye for The Folds and make yourself a cool shirt in the process. It all happens at the pool Saturday morning June 30th at 10am and you can donate/register here. Then, hang out for the pie eating contest right after.
- Save that mid-morning snack for the PIE EATING CONTEST on Saturday June 30th at 11:30 am. Come watch the madness at the Boulevard Pool and see what a true champion looks like.
- Mandatory Town Nap Time from Noon- 4pm. Because I said so, that’s why!
- FREEDOM FEST 2018! Slide on down to the Town Green and water front for some food, drinks, and fun with friends to celebrate our Independence. BBQ dinner for the adults and a hot dog boxed dinner, with BOUNCE HOUSES!!!! for the kids. And a BEER BUS that will dole out some good local brews for $5 each!! More information and reservations can be made here. Hop to it, seats will fill up quickly! Kid Zone opens at the very optimum temperature time of 5pm. Dinner at 7pm. CL Dad’s Fireworks show at dark.
Sunday July 1st
- The Fishers of Men are back in town this week to lead us in worship music and guest pastor Jake Thomas will walk us through a great message. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!
- After church, run home and grab your bike for the KID’S PARADE! Meet at the Pavilion at 11:30am for a swing around Boulevard to show off your decorating skillz, brah! Then cruise on down to Mama Tigs for a special treat.
- Pie Tasting Home Tour- See some of the current offerings in Carlton Landing and enjoy some pie along the way! Pick up a tour map at the CLR office from 1pm to 3pm.At the end of the event, join us at Straw & Spoon for a community ice cream social. The first 100 ice creams are free thanks to CLR.
- Live Music on the Event Lawn– Jeff Wood will take the stage for the, first ever, Concert on the Green from 7pm to 9pm. Don’t miss the bonfire at Food Truck Park with all of the fixings for s’mores, popcorn vending and of course it wouldn’t be the without sparklers!
Happy Independence Day from Front Porch Family! We hope you have a fun, safe, and memorable time in Carlton Landing. If we can answer any questions or if you would like to schedule an appointment to look at available homes with David, please contact him via email or through our contact page. In the mean time, feel free to peruse or download ALL the homes available in Carlton Landing on our Complete Listing Sheet.