Summer Season Closeout
Are you coming out for the Labor Day weekend celebration in Carlton Landing this weekend? Well, you are in for an awesome time. Not only will pretty much every home be full of laughter and fun, but the town will be abuzz with tons of happenings for the closeout to the Summer season of 2018!
This awesome August weather will continue to surprise us for Labor Day and allow the town folk to spend a majority of their time outdoors. Friday is the hottest day, getting up in the mid 90’s, but from then on the temps will hang around the lower 90’s and upper 80’s. Where the heck is August? Rain will be scattered about, but there is nothing to see here, carry on, just be aware.
Here’s the Line Up
- Friday Night Movie on the Green is going to be an oldie but a goodie. This week, the town will feature The Incredible Journey! Puppy dogs and cats will put aside their differences and try to find their way home after all being lost on family vacations. The movie begins around 8:00 or a few minutes before dark. Bring your lawn chair or blankets to the Town Green for comfortable viewing.
Saturday All Day!
- The Meeting House will be open at 8am (note new time), this Saturday morning serving some awesome, Biscuits and Gravy, Savoy cinnamon rolls , breakfast tacos and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts. New this weekend, cold beer and wine and The Meeting House! Our expanded hours will be: Friday 8am – 10pm | Sat 8am – 10pm |
Sun 8am – 4pm (then closed for private event) |
Monday 8am – 2pm (no alcohol on holidays, sorry folks) Stay tuned for new menu additions and lunch specials! We will try to update you on the Carlton Landing Community Facebook Page.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon, this Saturday morning. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Instead of crafts and story time, Carlton Landing will host the first ever 2018 Kids Field Games in Firefly Park! Events will include classics like tug of war, potato sack and three-legged races, and water balloon tosses. Teams will be arranged at The Pavilion starting at 8:30 am, the games chosen will be appropriate for children ages approximately 5-12 years old. There is a small $10 charge per child, due at check in.
- Have you been swept up in the game that has taken Carlton Landing by storm? Come out and watch the 1st Annual SpikeBall tournament in Firefly Park this Labor Day weekend. 30+ teams will chase a little yellow ball that is being whacked into a net in hopes their names being etched into town history as champs. The first rounds start at 10am and will continue throughout the afternoon until a champion is crowned. It may not be too late to sign up. Go here for info and maps and get with Kris Oakes about a possible spot. All proceeds will benefit the Carlton Landing Fire Department. A big THANK YOU to the tournament organizers and their thoughtfulness in making it an event for a good cause.
- While the SpikeBall gladiators recover, Chef Josh Valentine will be gathering ingredients and preparing an awesome meal for the town to gather around this Labor Day weekend. The chef’s dinner is SOLD OUT, but there will be extra seats to allow you to grab a Mama Tigs pizza or bring your own dinner to enjoy. Dinner will happen from 7pm to 9pm, right next to Firefly Park and around Cottage Courts and it’s BYOB. More info on the menu and event can be found here.
Finish your awesome Labor Day weekend in Carlton Landing by joining us this Sunday as guest pastor Brandon Scott will be delivering the message and Andy Crisman is back to lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!