Memorial Day weekend is the unofficial kick off to Summer and schools are shutting down for the school year. If you have made plans to make your way to Carlton Landing this weekend, you are in for a treat! There are plenty of community events planned for kids and adults alike. We look forward to seeing everyone walking the streets, hanging out at the pool, or possibly enjoying a new attraction the town has been eagerly awaiting. There has been no official announcement on the swim beach, yet, but we will keep you posted.
The weather looks a little sketchy on Saturday morning with a small chance of rain, but otherwise mild temps with highs in the low 90’s and lows in the high 60’s. There is still some time to enjoy those porches and decks before the real heat shows up.
Remembering Those Who Have Served…
Even though school is nearing release for Summer, there is still time for one more civics lesson. As you are grilling and chilling this weekend, remember those who gave their lives for the freedom you enjoy. If you are a Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Brother, Sister, Aunt, or Uncle of a fallen service person, THANK YOU for your sacrifice to this country!
Memorial Day Weekend Fun!!
In the spirit of efficient blogging and since there is a ton of stuff happening we are changing the format a little and doing a daily bullet pointed list with all the information regarding the events. This will help you choose what activities to participate in and allow us to not write a novel this week.
Friday May 25th, 2018
- Evening Pop Up Shops! Open 5pm to 9 pm
- Movie on the Town Green– The Incredibles– Play will be pressed 15 mins prior to dusk or around 8:30pm
Saturday May 26th, 2018
- Morning Pop-Up Shops! 8am to 12:00pm
- Children’s Reading Time at 9:30 am at the Pavilion
- 59 Boardwalk will be hosting an Open House from 9:30am to 11:30am. Come by and see this charming Bungalow listed by Front Porch Family with Keller Williams Realty Elite.
- Children’s Craft Time 10am to 11am at the Carlton Landing School- sign up here $20 per child
- Builders Home Showcase- Brought to you by Front Porch Family Realty Co., Keller Williams Elite Realty, and Cornerstone Home Lending The Bomar Team 5pm – 7pm. Follow this link to the houses that will be shown and the builders participating. Here is a link to the Builder Showcase map and more info on the whole thing.
- Live Music with Dan Nieto at Mama Tig’s Wood Fired Pizza 7pm to 9pm.
Sunday May 27th, 2018
- BBQ Home Tour Contest 1pm to 3pm.To participate or if you have any questions please text Sarah Tunnell at 512-541-8547. All entries MUST be submitted by Wednesday May 23rd.
- 27 Firefly will be hosting an Open House from 1pm to 3pm. Stop off to top off that BBQ with some HOMEMADE PIE and see this gorgeous home that was just reduced to $439,000! Listed by Front Porch Family and Keller Williams Elite Realty.
Clayton Ransom will be back to deliver another wonderful message and the whole Fishers of Men crew will be together to lead worship. Carlton Landing Community Church meets every Sunday at 10am in the tents located at the end of the Boardwalk. We look forward to seeing you!
As always, we want to be a valuable resource for the happenings in Carlton Landing. If you have any questions regarding this post or would like to schedule a tour of the community and homes, reach out to us through our Contact Page or email David directly.