The season is in full swing in Carlton Landing and we are happy as ever to see everyone walking the streets and hanging out by the pool! Mild temps this week made it bearable to get out in the middle of the day. I was beginning to wonder if we would just skip right over Spring and in to Summer. The temperatures will be hanging out all week in the low 90’s for highs and low 70’s for lows. Nice porch sitting weather has returned for a bit.
Friday’s Home Movie
The Movie on the Green this week is Home. Which is an animated tale about an alien on the run from his own people who makes friends with a girl. He tries to help her on her quest, but he can also be an interference. The movie will start around 8:30pm on Friday June 8th and I think the new beach lawn will be the place, for real this time. Bring your chair, blanket, and popcorn or grab a snow cone from Straw and Spoon to enjoy while you hang out.
While You Aren’t in the Water…..
Saturday June 9th will be chock full of non-water activities to get your crafty, shopping, eating fixes taken care of.
- The Carlton Landing Pop Ups will be open from 8am-Noon at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the lake and church tents. Grab your coffee and come support our local retailers and budding entrepreneurs.
- Story time for kids will happen at the Pavilion from 9:30am to 10am
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the school. You will need to register your child by going here.
- The monthly Community Pot Luck is Saturday evening at 6pm at the Pavilion! The theme for the month is your favorite baked or fried chicken and all the stuff that goes with it. Holy moly that sounds wonderful. Bring your favorite beverage, food, and serving utensils on down. Paper goods will be provided, along with water to drink.
- After you stuff yourself with wonderful chicken, head over to Mama Tig’s for a desert pizza or a cold beer and some LIVE MUSIC! Local artist Shayla Copeland will take the stage from 7pm to 9pm to play your favorites.
Guest worship leader Andy Crisman will be in town along with Jake Thomas with the message for the week! Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!
There are some excellent properties on the market right now. If you, your family, or friends are looking for a home in Carlton Landing, please reach out to David with Front Porch Family Realty Co with Keller Williams Elite Realty at 405-609-4746 or via email. If you would like to see a COMPLETE list of available homes, you can request that via email, as well.