The Crossings is quickly becoming the “it” place! Families are moving in and forming their own little community in our community. The story behind The Crossings is that if you look at the current development map , The Crossings will become the center of the development and be where North meets South. Obviously, this would serve as the starting point for disagreements over who is better, North or South. As clearing continues toward the North, Carlton Landing on the North of The Crossings will be a mirror image of the South side (Southsiiiieeeed!) I would also like to suggest that we start instituting the phrases NorCross and Socross when asking where about someone lives. So now, when someone asks you why they call it The Crossings, you will have the answer as we understand it and if we are wrong, we are sure someone will be quick to correct us and we will be back here doing an edit. Moving on……..
The dog days are upon us, but it seems like the days aren’s as doggy as July. The weather this weekend will be quite Spring like again. Hot Friday in the low 90’s then the chances of rain rolls in Saturday morning. Cooler temps will come with it, so enjoy mid to low 80’s the rest of the weekend. Plan some indoor activities, board games, or Netflix binge watching. Storms will be scattered, but I would expect one or two to break up the day.
Fun Stuff! (weather permitting for outdoor events)
- Friday Night Movie on the Green will fire back up with a good one! Come sing along at the top of your lungs to The Greatest Showman! The movie begins around 8:30 or a few minutes before dark. Bring your lawn chair or blankets for comfortable viewing.
- The Saturday morning running group will meet this Saturday morning at 6am. Laura Webb will meet you at The Meeting House to get organized and pick the route. Make it as easy or as hard as you would like. This is for all runners, new and seasoned.
- The Meeting House will be open at 7am, this Saturday morning serving some awesome, Biscuits and Gray, Savoy cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon, this Saturday morning. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Saturday morning story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the Pavilion after story time is over. You will need to register your child by going here. The cost is $10 per child to participate.
- Eco-printing Workshop with House Sparrow Fine Nesting will take place Saturday morning at 10am (location TBD) and run until 1pm. More information and registration is here.
- Pot Luck Time!! This month we celebrate football and other tailgating sports by sharing your favorite TAILGATING food with your community. Bring your dish and favorite beverage down to Pavilion Park at 6pm. The Scotts will provide the paper goods, plasticware, and bottled water.
- Live Music! After you take down some wings, go see local favorites, Springstreet. They will take the new and improved Mama Tig’s Music Stage at 7:30pm. Come enjoy some great pizza and music this Saturday night.
Finish your awesome weekend in Carlton Landing by joining us this Sunday as Brandon Scott will be delivering his usually fiery message and a friend of Wes and Amy (we didn’t get his or her name) will lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!