The beauty and serenity of Carlton Landing begins with these Adirondack chairs welcoming you to have a seat and enjoy this breathtaking view for yourself. The Lookout is one of the most recognizable places in Carlton Landing and this landmark is how you know you are 1 mile from the future Town Center and Meeting House! Besides being the backdrop for many a photoshoot, The Lookout has hosted everything from 4th of July festivities to weddings and I’m sure other memories have been made here that I am not privy to. I was awestruck coming over the bluff and seeing this view for the first time, it was in that moment the thought popped into my head that we could live here. Once you get past the great views at The Lookout and dive in to the genuineness of the families that live here, you will be convinced this is the community for you.
Summer Wind Down
This summer flew by! I cannot believe that school is starting and the season is ending already. It seems like it just started. Nevertheless, we still have some great things to do this weekend and besides, the lake never closes.
The weather is a bit sketchy and all over the place. Friday will be in the mid 90’s with 50% chances of rain. Saturday will be in the low 90’s and sunny. Then Sunday, the bottom falls out and we get down in the low 80’s with rain all day. Prepare yourself.
- Friday Night Movie on the Green will happen weather permitting. This weeks movie is Kubo and the Two Strings! The movie begins around 8:30 or a few minutes before dark. Bring your lawn chair or blankets for comfortable viewing.
- The Saturday morning running group will meet this Saturday morning at 6am. Laura Webb will meet you at The Meeting House to get organized and pick the route. Make it as easy or as hard as you would like. This is for all runners, new and seasoned.
- The Meeting House will be open at 7am, this Saturday morning serving some awesome, Biscuits and Gray, Savoy cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon, this Saturday morning. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Saturday morning story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
Get your nap in and prepare for a feast! The Summer Chef Series will continue this Saturday night with Chef Shelby Sieg. Shelby is the Executive Chef of The Pritchard in the Plaza District and promises to treat you to something special. More information on the menu and tickets are available here.
Finish your awesome weekend in Carlton Landing by joining us this Sunday as Jake Thomas will be delivering the message and Fishers of Men is back to lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!