The Town Green and Swim Beach
When I look at this picture of The Town Green and Swim Beach, I am shocked at how far this little town has come. When we moved here in 2015, there were 60 houses, now we are over 200 and this particular piece of waterfront was nothing but a great hiding place for snakes. Now, The Town Green is a premier event lawn that slopes down to the beach to create a nice little “theater lawn” complete with great views over the heads of those in front of you and a scenic Lake Eufaula backdrop. On Summer weekends, head down to The Town Green and Swim Beach for a great movie or some good local music. When you rent a cottage or borrow a friends, you have the use of The Town Green and Swim Beach along with the kayaks, canoes, and paddle boards located on it. A big thanks to the Carlton Landing HOA for providing some great lake toys and thanks to the taxpayers of Carlton Landing for a beautiful Town Green and Swim Beach.
Back to Summer
After a wonderful little respite from blazing hot days, we will see their return this weekend! Yay!! (kidding, of course) The good news is, the lake and pool water have cooled off and will be a great place to be all weekend long. Look for mid-90 highs and mid-70 lows with no chance of rain, currently. Get out early and enjoy some of these great events this weekend!
- Friday Night Movie on the Green will be back up and running this Friday evening with the showing of the remade Beauty and the Beast. The movie begins around 8:30 or a few minutes before dark. Bring your lawn chair or blankets for comfortable viewing.
- The Saturday morning running group will meet this Saturday morning at 6am. Laura Webb will meet you at The Meeting House to get organized and pick the route. Make it as easy or as hard as you would like. This is for all runners, new and seasoned.
- The Meeting House will be open at 8am (note new time), this Saturday morning serving some awesome, Biscuits and Gravy, Savoy cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon, this Saturday morning. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Saturday morning story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the Pavilion after story time is over. You will need to register your child by going here. The cost is $10 per child to participate.
- Get your nap in and prepare for a feast! The Summer Chef Series will continue this Saturday night with Chef Ben Alexander of The Bull in the Alley in Tulsa! Tickets and menu information can be found here.
Finish your awesome weekend in Carlton Landing by joining us this Sunday as guest pastor Trevor Williams will be delivering the message and Fishers of Men is back to lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!