One of the most attractive things about Carlton Landing is the Community Garden. Neighbors pour their blood, sweat, and tears into planting these organic veggies and herbs for nothing more than a thank you or pride in their work. But, you get to benefit from their green thumbs and enjoy some scrumptious tomatoes, kale, and eggplant. Not to mention the herbs that grow wild in the Community Garden! Keep in mind the hard work that goes in to planting and pruning this garden when you pick a peck and leave the stems to bloom again or face the wrath of Joe the Master Gardener at the next HOA meeting. The idea is to grow some things for yourself, but also plant a little extra for the neighborhood. The eggs are obviously a different story, the early bird gets the worm at the coop. Our beauties will lay an egg a day and the first one there gets to enjoy them. If you send your kids down to check, send a plastic grocery bag with them and make sure they do a good hand washing upon their return. From tadpoles to turnips, the community garden is a hot spot of activity on any given weekend.
- The Saturday morning running group will meet this Saturday morning at 6am. Laura Webb would normally meet you at The Meeting House to get organized, but she is not here this weekend, so come meet the rest of the gang and get your run in.
- The Meeting House will be open at 7am, this Saturday morning serving some awesome, Tater Tot Casserole, Savoy cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon, this Saturday morning. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Saturday morning story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the Pavilion after story time is over. You will need to register your child by going here. The cost is $10 per child to participate.
- This weeks opportunity to learn something new will be a Calligraphy Class hosted by Krystal Hayes of Pen to Paper Co. More info and sign ups are here.
- Live Music! Abbigale Dawn will take the new and improved Mama Tig’s Music Stage at 7pm. Come enjoy some great pizza and music the Saturday night.
Join us this Sunday as Clayton Ransom will be delivering a special message and Andy Chrisman will lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!