Welcome to Pistache Park! These little parks will continue to pop up all over Carlton Landing as the community continues to grow. Before we actually knew the name of this park, a little local boy had already named it “Secret Park” because it was tucked back in the trees and no one knew it was there. Pistache Park is one of the first parks to have a play area for the littles of Carlton Landing. One of the great things about this community is that when someone sees a need, they fill it. Scissortail Homes was generous enough to donate this play equipment because we needed a place for the little kids to safely play! We are thankful for neighbors like them and for what they do!
If you get out and play this weekend in Pistache Park or one of the others, protect yourself, it’s going to be HOT!! Listen to that little voice in your head telling you to drink lots of water, wear sunscreen, and take it indoors for a little respite during the hottest part of the day because Friday is going to top out at 106 degrees! Saturday and Sunday is will top out around 100 degrees each day and I’m sure the humidity will make it feel much worse than that. Grab some puzzles and board games to wait out the steamy part of the day.
After you wait out the heat, grab a pizza at Mama Tigs or a snow cone at Straw and Spoon and make your way to the Town Green for the Movie on the Green. This week, come watch Open Season in which Boog, a domesticated 900lb. Grizzly bear, finds himself stranded in the woods 3 days before Open Season. Forced to rely on Elliot, a fast-talking mule deer, the two form an unlikely friendship and must quickly rally other forest animals if they are to form a rag-tag army against the hunters.
Saturday Around Town
- A new Saturday running group is starting this Saturday morning at 6am. Meet Laura Webb at The Meeting House to get organized. There will be a shorter and longer distance run on soft/dirt ground.
- The Meeting House will be open at 7am serving some awesome, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the Pavilion. You will need to register your child by going here. The cost is $10 per child to participate.
- An Evening with Chef Andrew Black- As in the early days, we made some new friends last week at this event and encourage you to attend to experience this for yourselves. More information and the menu are right here. Dinner will start at 7pm and the lake cruise will follow. We will be there, so get your tickets and join us!!
- The Makers Series: Floral Workshop with Bloom House will happen this Saturday at 10am. If you haven’t signed up, you may want to inquire with Sarah Tunnell prior to arriving to be sure the required supplies are available.in order for supplies to be on hand. More info and sign ups are right here!
- Live Music at Mama Tigs! The great Dan Nieto will take the Mama Tigs Wood Fired Pizza Stage at 7pm to play some of your Country and Bluegrass favorites.
Jami Smith-King will be in town to belt out some awesome worship music and a new guest pastor, Jerome Loughridge, will be delivering a great message. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!