One of the most familiar sites in Carlton Landing is Pavilion Park. Like the other parks in Carlton Landing, Pavilion Park is a popular community gathering place, as well as, a place to find a spot for some alone time during the quiet times. We have been part of many a gathering in this park because it is the chosen location for community pot luck dinners, town meetings, school community circles, S’mores roasts, piano recitals, and was the outdoor location in the early days of Carlton Landing Community Church. Even as the town continues to grow, Pavilion Park will continue to be a centerpiece in Carlton Landing for many years to come.
Are You Ready for a Mid Summer Cool Down?
We hit the 100’s a couple times this month and now we are going to take a trip down in the 80’s for highs this weekend! Prop open the patio doors, grab your favorite board games, and make some good food to invite friends for dinner. Early Friday morning a cool front will bring a little rain and cooler temps. Saturday and Sunday will have a pretty decent chance of rain and temps that will struggle to get in the 80’s! Cool breezes and rain will make for ultimate porch sitting weather, indeed.
Weather permitting Friday evening, The Movie on the Green will feature The Sandlot. “YOU’RE KILLING ME SMALLS” will be heard loud and clear in Dolby Surround reverberating off a lake and houses. The movie will start at 8:30 pm on the beach lawn.
Spring Like Saturday
The desire to do outdoor activities will be at peak on Saturday, especially because you will be able to walk 10 feet without breaking a sweat.
- A new Saturday running group is starting this Saturday morning at 6am. Meet Laura Webb at The Meeting House to get organized. There will be a shorter and longer distance run on soft/dirt ground.
- The Meeting House will be open at 7am serving some awesome, biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls and crafted coffees. They are also your stop for Carlton Landing T-shirts and gifts.
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach. You’ll find some great local retailers and our very own farmers market!
- Join Brenda Oakes and crew at The Lookout at 9am. Bring your mat and water bottle. This class strengthens and lengthens the body, builds lean muscles while providing balance and mind body connection.
- Story time for kids will happen at The Meeting House Porch from 9:30am to 10am. Bring the kids for a Savoy Cinnamon Roll or Pecan Caramel Roll and grab a coffee for yourself and enjoy a reading from kid favorite book. Story time is free of charge.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the Pavilion. You will need to register your child by going here. The cost is $10 per child to participate.
- This weeks Craftsperson Series will feature Marcy Carrick teaching you bread making! I can only imagine how good that house is going to smell. Register here or show up at the door with your $10.
- 1st Annual Carlton Landing’s Got Talent! Do you have “it” and want to show “it” off? Then, sign up for the biggest small town talent show ever! Join the other talented contestants at Mama Tigs around 7pm for fun and prizes. Contact Sarah Tunnell for more information to sign up. Sarah can be reached at (512) 541-8547. More info can be found here.
Join us on the VERY special Sunday as Pastor Justin Coffee from Frontline Church in OKC will be delivering a special message and Charlie Hall will lead us in some fantastic worship music. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!