Fun on Firefly Park
Firefly Park has turned into a magical place. On any given weekend, you will find families out here doing what they love to do. Those that have the privilege of living or staying on Firefly Park call it their front yard that someone else has to mow! Funny thing, from here you can see the worn white spots where neighbors play Spike Ball in Firefly Park. If you are ever out and see the crew playing, join in, you will love it!
Speaking of out, lets talk weather. “Mild” summer temps will keep us in the low 90’s all three days! Enjoy! Which means the night time temps will get down in the low 70’s. This little break in the heat is a welcome sight. I hope it hangs in there through July 4th. There is an 80% chance of rain Saturday morning, but it will clear out by the time you are up and ready to hit the lake.
Friday night, June 22 at 8:30, the lights will naturally dim for the Movie on the Green! This week is an epic favorite of mine, E.T. If you don’t know this story, we need to talk. Alien. Boy. Home. Good stuff!
Saturday Around Here
- The Pop Ups will be up and running from 9am to Noon. They are located at the end of Lower Boardwalk by the Swim Beach
- Story time for kids will happen at the Pavilion from 9:30am to 10am.
- Join our own Barre master, Brenda, will guide you through her world renowned Mat Barre Class for free! Meet up at the Lookout at 9am for the hour long session.
- Craft time for kids will be from 10am-11am at the school. You will need to register your child by going here.
- Marcy Carrick will show you how to make some yummy homemade yogurt Saturday afternoon from 1:30 to 2:30 at the Humphrey’s house, located on the Northwest corner of Park St and Boulevard. If you would like to join in the fun, sign up here so they know to expect you. The $10 fee will cover all you need to participate in the class. Or, just show up, they will be happy to see you.
A Look Forward to the Independence Day Celebration!
July 4th in Carlton Landing is a BIG deal. Book your stay, call your friends and family, and pack out your house! The weekend will be action packed and capped off with a fabulous fireworks display. I will do a longer post on the week of. But, to help you get prepared for the fun that requires sign ups, here is a quick shot of things you need to register for:
Support a great cause by donating to Dye for The Folds and make yourself a cool shirt in the process. It all happens at the pool Saturday morning June 30th and you can donate/register here. Then, hang out for the pie eating contest right after.
- Food, drinks, and fun with friends to celebrate our Independence. Find more info and signups for dinner here. Hop to it, seats will fill up quickly!
The Fishers of Men are back in town this week to lead us in worship music and guest pastor Brandon Scott will walk us through a great message. Carlton Landing Community Church meets in the white tents at the end of Lower Boardwalk at 10am (or so) every Sunday. Please plan to join us!
27 Firefly is a gorgeous home listed at a phenomenal price! 27 Firefly Lane is listed for $439,000 and is a 2197 square foot, 2 story, 3 bed, 2.5 bath home with a flex room AND a bonus room upstairs. It is as you would expect for a home built in 2015, brightly lit, the interior is painted in beautiful grey and white tones, and immaculately taken care of. You will find wood-like-tile throughout the main floor of the home and well kept carpet upstairs that looks and feels brand new. Located on Firefly Park, it is the perfect location for family fun!
For more information and pictures, head on over to www.27firefly.com.
This home is represented by David Kolb with Front Porch Family Realty 405.609.4746 with Keller Williams Realty Elite 405.948.7500.